Sunday, March 6, 2011

One Whole Mom is Honored and One Whole Mom Repents




Ok, so one-whole-mom is being honored... what a thought! A few months ago I received an invite from my Pastor's wife for any woman who had a radically and redefined moment in their life to send in either a written testimony, or a video-testimony. Personally, whenever requests come in I try to do my part to engage in them, so therefore with this request I immediately took to heart that is was a sort of a God-directed-order. It took me a few weeks, and then after a nice dinner with my husband- LATE at night (my best working hours)- I made the video... and low and behold it won!

I talk a little bit in the video about our Ministry, the book I wrote, but mostly I talk about following after God, moment x moment. I tried recording the video a ton of times, and narrowing my radical life down into one instance (other than salvation) was IMPOSSIBLE.

Since this is my personal blog on life and everything in it, I really thought that I should share a little about what I am going through. First of all, I am embarrassed and am repenting publicly that I have let myself go in the last few months. I am currently back to my original "wholeheartedly fit" weight (I had an old blog about my fitness journey), and I feel sluggish. This award and the visibility I am going to have as a WHM representative has KICKED my BOOTIE into gear! Yes, I feel a exercise program coming on hard-core. In order to "get into fighting shape" here is what I am going to do:

  • build a itunes playlist
  • wake up early and run
  • run/walk at nap time
  • exercise an hour before bed
  • eat ALL natural food only
  • pray & Bible study (firstly of course)
I am telling you all of this because, I hope to encourage you in what a difference 3 weeks can make, and that you don't have to belong to a gym in order to succeed at weight loss. All the work I am going to do is going to be before working hours, during lunch and at night.

As far as the food is concerned, I stopped eating meat other than fish about 4 months ago, and I am going to be STRICT in these next few weeks for two reasons, #1 so I can be in fighting shape and #2 so I can be spiritually strong.

This morning (as I was face down on the carpet praying), I prayed that the Lord would use me as THE wholeness representative of faith. I prayed to God that I desired to show EVERYONE on Taffi Dollar's talk show, that if I could be "whole" EVERYONE can be whole. The Spirit then started moving in me, and I began immediately praying that people would be free from debt, free from jobs that that they hated in order to work just for money, and free from... processed food? That was odd- but the Lord convicted me that processed food is a placebo that people take when they feel they need to supplement what God has already made perfect.

A lot of people have turned down wholeness simply by eating "yummy" foods that will kill- because the momentary "high" of food fills an emptiness in them. (Or so they think) I can say this, from experience.

So all natural to me today meant; salads with no dressing, plain nuts with no salt, WHOLE fruit for breakfast, iced-tea, squeezed juice & water. Every time I went to buy food to eat I thought "My desire to be the wholeness representative is greater than my desire for processed food. I WANT TO BE WHOLE." Amazingly, I was full to overflowing- not hungry- and other than the salad greens being bitter, it felt good to eat bitter food- if it meant that I could encourage one person toward their wholeness goals.

Well, thanks for sharing with me this amazing opportunity to touch lives in a radical and redefined way. If you would like to watch the video that won the RADI award, here is the link: Jessica's Video . I am extremely humbled by this opportunity, and I ask for your prayers as I work towards the conference date March 23, 2011... a day that will forever be remembered.

God Bless you,
Love-
Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment