Thursday, December 30, 2010

I AM ANTI Laundry Sorting & PRO Kid-Free Zones!




Saying that I DO NOT sort laundry is only partly true. I do separate the laundry SOMETIMES, but most often than not an underwear here- a sock there, no worries. This only becomes a problem when iPod's and personal electronics are left in pockets- or the occasional cashmere sweater. (Which eventually becomes the BABIES cashmere sweater-but hey-stylin' baby!)

The reason why I feel compelled to divulge this information, is to draw a light to an otherwise "perfect" seeming life. I do not remember to brush my teeth every night, I do not always sort the laundry, and more-often-than-not I have asked when glancing in the fridge "How long has THAT been in there?"

For a long time these types of stereotypical mom-faux-pas plagued me with insecurity. After all my "Mom", "Grandmother", "Best-friend" seemed to have it all together- why not me? But then again-what is perfection anyway?

Perfection to me is having a house appear magazinesque. I understand that this is totally unrealistic- but it is something to strive for, eh? At least I am looking for a room that when people walk into it Elmo doesn't fall from the ceiling, or Cookie Monster (covered in cookies) doesn't stick to the floor! Am I looking for a room with sans kids... hmmm... perhaps so. Having 5 children however, this is becoming harder and harder to do!

A few posts ago, I had mentioned turning the dining room into the playroom... well that lasted all of a week! Now we have turned our secondary bedroom into a playroom/daughters room. So all the toys have congregated OUT of our living space THANK GOD!

See, I think MOST moms neglect to give themselves a "kid free zone". (Isn't that what the tub is for? OH WAIT that has duckies and naked Barbies in it!) What you need.. MUST HAVE... is a zone made JUST FOR YOU. Yes, my living room now is calm and relaxing again! NO TOYS, NO BINKIES. Does the occasional Thomas the Train leap the playroom fence- yes- but a parents sanity is so much more important than having "happy children".

Children with zero discipline = whinny, complaining, grouchy I WANT IT NOW kids. Kid Free Zones enforce discipline, and create a warm and inviting space for you to relax when the day is done, so that maybe your laundry can get sorted properly... MAYBE!

You can become a fan of Wholehearted Ministries on Facebook @:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wholehearted-Ministries/75471627683

You can follow Jessica on Twitter @: http://twitter.com/imwholehearted


PS.. This is NOT a picture of my living room! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment