Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's Good To Be a Mom




I have to face it, it is the "mom" season. NOT the "I am... season".

The season of babies, sippy cups, Lego's-under-toe, desk corners in thigh muscles, and laundry overloads. OH WHAT A SEASON.

Really though- could their BE any better a time? With things chaotic and uncontrolled, we are learning everyday and giving ourselves over to the unpredictability of hit-or-miss. Daily we fail-daily we succeed.

Whether or not things are "perfect" matters little to our precious ones. They could care less if we graduated from Stanford, Yale, or nowhere at all. They just need a shoulder to cry on, a boo-boo to be kissed, and a pat on the head in approval. Kids, let's face it are KIDS and praise God for that!

I woke up this morning at a quarter to 6AM, thinking "WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE?!" Then I stumbled out of bed-past a pile of laundry on my left, bumped into a doorway on my right, stepped forward into the bathroom over bath toys and forgotten clothing strewn across the cold tiles and stood in front of the red ducked-taped toilet seat and thought... "I have been a MOM, THAT is what I have been doing- Could there BE any thing BETTER to DO with my life?"

There is NO Doubt, my wholeness comes from Jesus-and that my kids make up 99.9% of the reasons why I pray... what can I say... it's just THAT season!

No comments:

Post a Comment