Sunday, December 12, 2010

That Was Some BIG GIRL Church Today!


I am thankful that I read my Bible.

Not just because it is important, but because I have a recourse to draw from when life's HARD questions come my way. This morning was a "BIG girl" church moment.

Our Pastor was teaching on deliverance from curses (family or otherwise), and he felt led to abandoned the prepared message and begin applying the Word by casting out demons from the oppressed people. I LOVED IT, I was right in the THICK of it (watching church online and ROOTING for the Holy Spirit to 'Do His Thang'!) It was AWESOME! People falling all over the place, left and right. I was completely enthralled watching the revival/demonstration of the power of the Holy Ghost that I had forgotten that my 8,10 & 13 year olds were all watching the service with me.

So how to you explain "demonic possession" and the power that we as Christian Penetcostal Believers have to deliver the captive in the name of Jesus? Good question.

You know... I DIDN'T try to explain it. I took a few breaths when service was over, and I calmly asked the older boys... "Boys... do you have any questions about the church service today, and what the Pastor was doing-or why?" (In regards to the anointing of oil, and the laying on of hands, and the forceful commanding in the name of Jesus)

Surprisingly exuberant in their responses they said "NOPE, No way!" It turns out they were as wrapped up in it as I was, and they thought it was awesome as well. My 13 year old said to me, "Mom, I knew it was real when I heard the woman screaming and her mouth wasn't opened-it (the evil spirit) was being forced to GET OUT!"

My 8 year old daughter was quieter however, and I looked at her and I said, "That was some BIG girl church today sweetie (the screaming that was heard was pretty intense), are you ok?"

She just looked up at me, gave me a BIG smile and nodded her head. She was proud, that she was considered a "big" girl-big enough to handle grown-up concerns. This was not the service we had planned or expected, but it was so invigorating and joyous that we all stood in the presence of God and in awe.

GOD vs. satan

Church this morning was great. I was able to share with my husband and children the reality that satan is real, and that people can be delivered from demonic possession by the blood and through the name of Jesus. Mending the broken hearted, and filling those who seek deliverance with love and joy-

We watched one woman being held down by four men. She was writhing and clawing out at the Pastor. As he came near her- she was screaming at him to stay away and "LEAVE HER ALONE!", he, with love in his eyes jumped all over that spirit of oppression, and as he cast it out of her a calm fell on her face and she latched on to him weeping and crying out in adoration and thanksgiving. I will never forget her hollering out, "THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU!" He chuckled weepingly held the once oppressed woman in his arms, and laughed with her, telling her how much he loved her as well. It was an unforgetable moment...

I felt like ONE whole mom today, because I didn't shelter my children from reality, and I wasn't embarrassed or ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I didn't try to cover up what we had been witness to, instead we celebrated together for the now FREE men and women of Christ!

I learned today, that kids can handle a lot more than we think. Perhaps they even understand God-better than we do, in their youthful faith. What a day... what a message!

He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Psalm 107:20

No comments:

Post a Comment